Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora on Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Phunkeydude View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phunkeydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora on Windows 7
    Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 5:45pm
So, in preparation for this coming holiday, I ordered 4 additional ACx16 Platinum units and one FireFly.  I then decided to have a computer dedicated to D-light and Aurora. I had a laptop sitting around so I decided to format it, and do a fresh install.

Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop
Intel Core2Duo T7200 (2.00 GHz, 4 MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB)
4GB RAM (3.2GB usable)
160GB 5400 RPM SATA Drive
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS (driver 7.15.11.7948)
32bit Windows 7 Ultimate (full release from MS DevNet)

I then installed the following:
Firmware Updater 2.2.0
ACx16 Firmware 1.15
Hardware Utility 2.4.1
USB Com port drivers 2.04.16
Aurora 1.0.41

Everything D-light related works perfectly with Windows 7.

Aurora sometimes stops responding but I am hoping that the new release 1.2 coming soon will be more stable.

Has anyone else had any experiences with Windows 7 ?
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 6:21pm
The only weird problem that I've been having with aurora 1.0.69 is that if I import the channels from another list unto the one I try to update, it will crash. Aside from that, I have no other problems.

LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:12am
Have tested with Win7 extensively with no problems. Granted, was using a "bare" install with no 3rd party drivers/utils/apps. You can even leave UAC turned on with no probs. Win7 is what Vista should have been.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 12:41pm
Really?  The UAC annoyed me so much (as it was programmed to do, but that's another story) that turning it off was the the second thing I did.  Of course, the computer keeps rejecting the activation keys from the Microsoft site, so soon it will disable itself.  But I agree, Windows 7 is like Vista but with the functionality of XP.
~Jonathan
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 12:17pm
Broken - Microsoft sucks. Can we get a unix flavor? I have had my unix server up for aprox. 4.5 years without a reboot! Tongue

Slink

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 9:49pm
*NIX! That's what we need! a nice *NIX version!!!!
Nice little web-management module for the sequencer?
Only 4.5 years? You've still got a fresh install! Hot swap drives and PS on that guy?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
agent3012 View Drop Down

Quote agent3012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 7:51pm
I've setup a Windows 7 system based around an Intel Atom 330 processor and motherboard. It's been working wonderfully.

In fact, I'm starting to think that this $199.99 Acer ApireRivo nettop may be the perfect system to run Aurora off of in the future.
Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 10:54am
Hey so got 7 now what version should I be using? Whats thee latest version? What am I behind the ball for this year? lmao - At least I took one week vacation to do some sequencing. but I did a complete fresh install on the windows 7 ultimate, so everything is gone. lic key, aurora, all last years work. EVERY THING! It's good though cuz I have a backup of old OS I sure i'll be able to save it.

Just need a lil advice on whats the latest and greatest version (plus might need my key resent to me)

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 5:34pm
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
cdhamma View Drop Down

Quote cdhamma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2009 at 7:43pm
Anyone running Windows 7 64-bit vs 32-bit?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>