When saving Aurora adds events I didn't add myself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When saving Aurora adds events I didn't add myself
    Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 6:00am
Well this time, I'm not happy. I've been on the same sequence for the past few weeks because of a weird problem. When I save my sequence, then decide to replay what I just did, there will be events added in the craziest places.

For example: If I added a full intensity event on one timing line, skip one then add another one on the same channel, when I save that work, when I play it, the second event is now from where I placed it all the way to right for at least 20 seconds. Having to delete this added work each time takes a lot of time of my proper sequencing.Ouch

Also, isn't there a function on there that will auto-save every few minutes? I keep having crashes when I copy and paste stuff in my sequences.

I'm using 1.0.69 on Win 7 with 8gb ram, quad core CPU. This is starting to play on my nerves especially when we are only 85 days away from Christmas. Confused

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 5:23pm
Am I the only one to whom this happens to? Makes me more in a bad mood!Unhappy

bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 11:47am
Is this an imported sequence or one started from scratch? I've seen some stray events happen from time to time with LOR imported sequences.  Oftentimes I'm able to correct this by reassigning the problem channel(s) making the entire controller some other unit ID. Then I add a controller using the ID of the one I just changed. Sure enough there usually seems to be what I'll call 'ghost' events. I then erace the events on all channels of that temporarily added controller, reassign the real controller back to the appropiae ID and it usually cures the problem.

But I've only see it with imported sequences. Those I've done from scratch never seem to have any issues. It's most always with ramp downs that I've seen this sort of a problem and only in imported sequences.

Edited by bdkeen - 13 Oct 2009 at 11:49am
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 1:54pm
I can't recall where it was from. I think it might've been a LOR with 16 channels which I then modified. I will try your trick. Thanks for the tip. I'll post my findings as soon as I try it.

crichter View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote crichter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:31pm
I was experiencing this same issue, and the best workaround I found was to add an extra event marker right after you want the event to end.
Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply