Forum Lockedimport from spectrum file not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: import from spectrum file not working
    Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 2:16pm
Well I tried to import a spectrum file and somehow, it added about 1/2 a second delay on the file. So all the sequences are always 1/2 second too early. Now what is even more weirder is that when I add the imported filed and Aurora ready for my "playing" computer, it adds yet another 1/2 second. So now, on the playing computer, everything is 1 second to early.

I'm trying to import the file now but with a wave file to see if it will make a big difference.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 8:00pm
I have seen this...

Aurora converts all audio files to .wav and stores them in the audio cache.  This is necessary for the best timing accuracy, for the waveform view, and for the upcoming spectral (FFT) view.  Some types of MP3 files (I'm still figuring out the criteria) wind up with some extra time at the start after the conversion.  This is not a big deal when creating a new sequence from scratch, but when importing from an existing one this can be a nuisance.

If you convert the mp3 to wav (without adding extra time) and then switch to the wav file in File/Properties then your sequence will line up with the audio.

Sometime between now and 1.0 Aurora will gain functionality to shift the entire sequence forward/backward by a certain amount of time.
A future version of Aurora
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 10:37am
I thought I had done it with a wave file as well...maybe I didn't. I'll give it a try.
Here's a noob question: How do I move the timing intervals? I thought I could just click them and move them either forward or backward.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 10:50am
Never mind...just found out by accident. What a goof.!!!Dead

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2007 at 6:29pm
Found another problem: I converted a song from Spectrum and it seems like Aurora trunkcated the end of the sequence. The music file was ok but it looks like the intervals were extended. There is at least 3 or 4 seconds after the wave file that the sequence is continuing to flash as if there was still a song playing.

Post Reply Post Reply