next bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
polarass07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote polarass07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: next bug?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 9:27pm
I started my show and it ran fine for about 15 min, as im about to leave the house lights start disappearing but the music played just like it should. I stopped the scheduler and restarted it and the same thing, Music and no lights. I run back inside and my pc is shutting down by itself.  This happened last night but i didnt think anything of it.
    After i let the pc restart i started the scheduler and it ran fine for the next two and a half hours.  Any ideas on this?  Nothing in the backround was running either.

Thanks
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 10:52pm
Windows update?  It is Thursday, ya know.
~Jonathan
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 11:44pm
That does kind of sound like a windows or virus software update with restart.  Our macafee at work is notorious for that.  Make sure you always save you work if you walk away from your desk.Big%20smile

OR, your power supply is going to crap.....I had a computer at home do that till I replaced it.  But I would guess its a update thing.   Maybe Micheal can chime in here, but I dot think aurora has th power to shut down your computer.  At least I can not think of a reason it would be written into the software.
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 8:25am
Sure sorta sounds like Automatic Updates turned on to me..   I don't think any of the recent critical patches required a reboot, but if you're behind some and auto updates tries to catch you up - could be a MS patch that needs the restart. Plus the fact that it appears as if your pc was going through a graceful shutdown.  Check the event logs and you may be able to tell what might have been going on around that timeframe to cause a restart.
I've never encountered the scheduler causing a reboot.

Edited by bdkeen - 09 Oct 2009 at 8:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply