Aurora 1.2 Delayed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 1.2 Delayed
    Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 11:49am
Aurora Customers,

Version 1.2 is not yet stable enough for release. At this time it does not appear that 1.2 will be available in time for the 2009 Christmas season.

Several factors go into this announcement, including the status of some outstanding bug fixes which have presented more of a technical challenge than originally anticipated. We want this release to work properly, but the available time is running short and the current status does not look promising. Rather than delay the news another 2 weeks, we are making this announcement today in order to give everyone a chance to make the necessary adjustments to their displays.

Another factor behind this announcement is that our 2009 Aurora sales have been weaker than anticipated. This is partially our own fault (missing the big September release), and is partially due to factors outside our control. The result is that I must take on some additional projects in order to sustain Aurora. This will without a doubt cut into the amount of time available for Aurora development. I do not like this any more than you, but it is the responsible action to take.

I know this announcement will greatly tarnish our reputation and several of you will decide to “jump ship” over to our competition. We are well aware of the lost revenue that will accompany this announcement and we have not taken this announcement lightly. I want to make it clear that our “ship” isn't sinking, but we do need to slow down and make a course correction in order to avoid encountering a catastrophic collision. Once we have navigated the obstacles, we will resume our original course at full speed. This situation is temporary and will soon become a distant memory.

Several of you have pre-ordered DMX adapters in anticipation of using DMX with Aurora for Christmas 2009. You will be receiving a full refund on your adapter pre-order in about one week.

Where time permits, the plan moving forward for the remainder of 2009 Aurora development is to focus on bug fixes instead of new features.

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 12 Oct 2009 at 11:49am
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 12:01pm
Will we have an interim release in between? The reason I ask is because of this http://www.aurorashow.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=820 and right now, even running on XP in VMware, I still get really odd events added. Am I the only one that has these problems or what? 

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 12:09pm
BigDPS (and others),

I am not in a position at the moment to make promises on what features will be fixed by any interim releases.  All I can say at this point is that each issue is being looked into.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 12:18pm
Well I just need one answer to my question then: Has this bug been accessed before or is this a new bug?

I even tried on one of my real XP based computer and it does the same thing. It doesn't matter if I have version 1.0.69 or 1.0.42. Having to erase everything each time before I start is adding unecessary time to my sequencing. Time which like you, I don't have too much of!!!Wink

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 12:25pm

I'm afraid this one is unique to you.  Please email me one of your sequences that exhibits this problem and I will have a look at it.

beavis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:46pm
You should put out a tip jar link (ie paypal) somewhere so we can donate. I was amazed by aurora last year (in comparison to Spectrum) and I'm sure there are quite a few people who wouldn't mind chipping in a little to keep it moving, especially since there's no upgrade to buy.
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:05pm
Good idea, the purchase link shows [edited] as the Paypal email - you should be able to send money straight there.

Editor comments:
Email address edited out... the robots are smart enough to get around the AT DOT method these days (trust me, I have another depreciated mailbox which gets 1200 SPAM messages per day... I'm thinking about using it to seed a filter).  Feel free to either:

1) PM me for the address to send to, or
2) Use the web form to ask me

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 16 Oct 2009 at 9:36am
Aproct View Drop Down

Quote Aproct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 1:16pm

I have a general question..I have just reviewed my version and it is indicating Version 1.0 Revision 25...Is there a more up to date version since 1.2 isn't available right now? or is this the most current version? 

Thanks!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Aproct

I have a general question..I have just reviewed my version and it is indicating Version 1.0 Revision 25...Is there a more up to date version since 1.2 isn't available right now? or is this the most current version? 

Thanks!

Yes, version 1.0.69 is available I believe on the download link.   If not, there is a link in one of the posts. 
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
Aproct View Drop Down

Quote Aproct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 1:37pm
ChrisL1976,

Thanks I will tkae a look around!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>