Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Runtime Error 52

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kilojay12 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kilojay12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 10:23am
1.0.69  Experienced it with 1.0.41 also.  Xp Pro 3.4Ghz dual 4 Gig Ram

I've tried importing all of my Spectrum sequences (8) with the same result.

On a side note I did upgrade from .41 to .69 to attempt a sequence with video.  Once I received the error code while importing a Spectrum file I downgraded to .41.  I followed the recommended reboot procedures.  Question, when removing and reinstalling a version can I expect the program asking me for the activation code?  If so, it has not.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled both versions numerous times to try and correct this issue and at no time was I prompted to reinsert the activation code.

thanks

Edited by kilojay12 - 16 Oct 2009 at 10:35am
Kevin
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 12:32pm
Uninstall only removes the software. Your activation code remains in the Aurora folder.

kilojay12 View Drop Down

Quote kilojay12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 7:30am
After a couple of uninstalls and re-installs I'm no longer receiving the "runtime error"  the program now "encounters a problem and needs to shut down" (windows message) when importing a Spectrum sequence.  As I said previously it happens at the "bookmarking" segment of the importing process.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks  
Kevin
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 7:55am
Are you restarting your computer in between uninstall and installing?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
kilojay12 View Drop Down

Quote kilojay12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 10:46am
Yes
Kevin
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 11:59am
The last time I encountered this situation, I narrowed it down to a bad music file. Try importing the sequences minus the music and see what happens. 

kilojay12 View Drop Down

Quote kilojay12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:28pm
Ok, I figure it out.   I opened the Spectrum sequence in the Spectrum software and ensured that the music file was looking in the correct file for the music wav file...It wasn't.  I corrected it and saved the file.  I then launched Aurora and was able to open the Spectrum file.  So you were correct that it was the music file.  All is well

Thanks

Edited by kilojay12 - 18 Oct 2009 at 12:38pm
Kevin
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 9:29am
I want to make sure I record this bug properly so we can fix it in the future...

When importing a Spectrum sequence with an invalid audio file, the importer is supposed to prompt for the location of a valid audio file.  The nature of this bug is that instead of prompting for the correct file, an error message is thrown instead?

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 19 Oct 2009 at 9:29am
kilojay12 View Drop Down

Quote kilojay12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 6:35am
Yes, you are correct.  
Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12