Forum LockedSeems nice already....!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jkurri View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jkurri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seems nice already....!!!!
    Posted: 26 Dec 2007 at 5:54pm
I am totally new to this art/hobby so I don't know much about programming lights, I have found this software very easy to "feel" around in. As I create new channels one thing that I think would be nice is a folder you can open/close to show organized channels and not see ones you are not working with (example if you have 3 or four bushes each with 3 or four colors of lights you could open that folder of channels and close your "house lights" folder giving you a bigger and less cluttered view of what you are doing. Forgive me if I have stated something that is in the workings, for me that would be nice especially as I add more channels they get kind of hard to see.... I probably will end up with 96 channels for the final production but now I am only working with 36 or 48 and its gets harder for me each one I add... I must say though I have used (or tried) d-lights software, I could not get it to run on my main machine and the older unit that I plan on running the show on the software runs real slow. This is much faster and runs for me even on my mac in parallels!!! Thank you.

Dan
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2007 at 8:06pm
The + and - key will expand or contract your channel list, to make things easier to see.

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 11:20am
"Groups" are being considered, however in order to make sure it is done right the first time it is presently being tabled until the whole picture can be taken in (sometime after beta 3).

Until then (and even after) the + and - keys will help you see more.  Assuming you are running your monitor at 1024x768ish you should be able to handle 36 on a screen without any trouble.  I admit I am spoiled and run a resolution of 1920x1200... at that resolution I can comfortably work with 80 channels on one screen.  It's one reason Aurora drops the scrollbars and puts the toolbar on the left... more screen real estate for channels.

Post Reply Post Reply