Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Aurora Scheduler, any tips/tricks?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora Scheduler, any tips/tricks?
    Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:03pm

Last night I finished up my sequences or at least decided I'm done tweaking them until I see what they look like actually up and running. Felt good.Smile

So I peeked at the scheduler; gosh it looks too simple.  Just pick some dates, times, and order of sequences.  Could that be all there is too it?

I don't have an introduction, yet, I may add something, but it's not a high priority.

Any tips or tricks, advice.  Remember some of my dumb questions from earlier posts, don't assume I now know what I'm doing.....I don't. Big%20smile

Figure I need to leave the show computer on day and night.  I've disabled access to the internet. What about screen saver? Any power save options?

tks!
Joe
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:18pm
Personally, our show server has nothing running, and not conected to any networks, nor does it run any sort of screen saver (monitor's just turned off).

Pick some dates/times, add some songs, order it... That's about all I remember doing last year.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 1:11pm
Shut everything off that will fire up automatically .   Automatic update, screen saver, power setting, etc.    
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 2:45pm
If your antivirus likes to make untimely loud comments about its status, you might want to find the setting to make it not give audible commentary.  One year, right in the middle of the first song of the show unveil, a booming voice pronounced "Virus database has been updated".  Um, that's nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply