Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Auroa Stopped Working on Load

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crittertip View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote crittertip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auroa Stopped Working on Load
    Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 8:38pm
I am on Windows 7 and am trying to setup my show for this year.  When I load the sequencer I get an error that Aurora Sequencer has encounter an error and stopped working.  There are no error codes or options but to close.  I have reinstalled the program but continue to get the same error.  Can someone please advise on what is causing my issue?
Sean
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 8:53pm
Not just yet.  First we need to know what version you are using, if you upgraded from an older version, and if the controllers output normally via a hardware utility. 
~Jonathan

Quote crittertip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:24pm
Using the latest version .068. I did have an older version of the program on but could not find it after upgrading to windows 7. I am using the d-light hardware utility and everything works fine. Is there a Aurora hardware utility available?
Sean
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 9:28pm
Try this. Uninstall .68, reboot, then install 1.0.43, and reboot. Try running. If all is good then install 1.0.68.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 11:25pm
Ya beat me to it, LightChristmas.  Anyway, if you ever upgrade the software, you MUST uninstall from control panel, reboot, install the new version, reboot, start program.  Not one of those steps can be skipped, and it must be done in that order.
~Jonathan

Quote crittertip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 7:33am
Ok..I followed your directions above. The .041 version gives me a runtime error 68. I rebooted between each step. Next steps?
Sean
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 8:48am
Only time I've seen EC 68 is when an external storage device is used. Make certain you are installing/running from a hard drive and the sequences/music is there as well.

Quote crittertip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 10:21am
We are installing on the C Drive. We can't even get to the point to be able to get to the sequences/music files.
Sean
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 10:55am

You're on 7, did you try to "run as administrator" for the install?

Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!

Quote crittertip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:56am
Yep. I think we may finally have it. Have one final step - update to .069.
Sean
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>