Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Auroa Stopped Working on Load

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crittertip View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote crittertip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:38am
Brian,
If memory serves me right, I think there is a 15 minute limit on the demo version. Maybe someone else can jump in and correct me if I am wrong.    Once you get the show going, Aurora is a great program. The runtime error 68 comes into play if you forget and close the program on an external source then take the external source off of the computer. When the program reopens, it tries to find your files in the last place you saved to. Hopefully this will help you.
Sean
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by brianandrus

I too have been having much grief with aurora, only under vista.
I am only using the demo version (trying to decide between aurora and LoR), but I constantly have the error:
Aurora sequencer has stopped working

Then I have to close it.
It does it EVERY time the 15 minute timer expires.
It does it often when I try to normally close it.
It does it sometimes in the middle of trying to create or play a sequence.

Your first two error conditions are essentially the same (the 15 minute timeout does the same thing as you closing the program yourself).

There are different priorities in how we treat fixing these error messages.  Getting an error message, only on Vista, while closing the program, is one of those errors that has been around in the issue database for quite a while but really isn't a high priority when it comes to fixes (since an error when closing the program doesn't really affect the functionality).  It's more of a "papercut" than anything.

The last failure mode does concern me though, since it actually affects functionality.  Were the "stopped working" messages in this particular case preceeded by any other error message? 

I have one issue in the log related to hitting cancel during a file creation, but yours is the first instance of hitting play completely shutting down Aurora.  I would like to know more about the conditions which reproduce this effect for you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123