Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Can not transmit music

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seacap View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote seacap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Can not transmit music
    Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 6:29am

My Sequence music will not transmit over my FM transmitter. Last year it worked perfectly. I am running Windows XP and using a USB plug in Digital FM Syereo Transmitter from Christmas Lightshow.com. When running the show the lights work perfectly and the music will play on my computer speakers. When I plug in the transmitter, it powers up, but no music or other sounds will broadcast over the radio. Last year, if I left the outside speakers on when logging into AOL, it would transmit the welcoming greeeting, this year nothing. Is there some defauly I should have set on my computer or in Aurora? Any help would be great to get my display up and running.

Have A Grate Day:)
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 6:43am
Wasn't fully awake when originally posted, sooo....EDIT

Seeing as it worked last year, have you tried using it with Media Player? This would assist in narrowing down things.

Edited by LightChristmas - 22 Nov 2009 at 8:10am

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 7:23am
Your not using a whole house transmitter are you?
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
seacap View Drop Down

Quote seacap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 3:47pm
The only media player I have is the computer. The transmitter plugs into the USB port. Wondering if some program might be interfering with the operation.
seacap View Drop Down

Quote seacap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 3:53pm
No I am not using a transmitter for the whole house. The transmitter is designed for about 300 feet. Not sure of who made the transmitter, but I bought it through Christmas Lights.com last year. It's a little portable unit that plugs into the uSB port on the computer and an antenna connects to it out the window. The unit powers up, but when the show is playing, no music. I even tried other stations, no luck. Any ideas at all would be greatly appericated.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 4:08pm
Media Player is part of Windows. It plays back audio files. If Media Player cannot play back your MP3 or WAV files, then there is something wrong with either your sound card or the audio file(s).

You may also want to check the Volume Mixer (also part of Windows) to make certain nothing is muted or turned down.

Post Reply Post Reply