Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing first command
    Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 10:53pm
Yes.  And if you pass this message along to five friend within one day, close your eyes and make it wish, it will come true.  OMG I tried it and this totally works!  If you don't then you will have bad luck forever and a ghost will visit you in your bedroom tonight.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  LOL

Ok seriously, no, it doesn't matter.  One second just gives you plenty of time; overkill, really.  You could do 1/2 of a second and then shift 500 ms over, or do 2/3 of a second and shift 666 ms over.  Whatever.  I tend to edit in about half a second myself.  Any longer and the delay starts to make me feel like something has gone wrong.
~Jonathan
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 10:47pm
No problem.
So it needs one second, that's the official number?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 9:36pm
Edit the audio so it's got one second of silence at the beginning.  Then do a time shift for 1000 milliseconds later.  Then leave the first cell blank.
~Jonathan
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 8:18pm
Yea, okay. So I'm still missing the command on half of the controllers in the THX intro. I know that didn't happen last year at all. I also don't think it's a firmware thing since last year's 1.15beta is missing the commands still.

Anything else that I can try to get the first command to pick up?
D-Light users Unite!
Bigindian View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Bigindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2009 at 4:18am
Yiikes,

I hit 90 K + in at least two sequences myself.

Shocked
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Albert Einstein
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 3:12pm
I have one that I'm working on that I've only sequenced just over 1 minute out of 5:45... and already have 20k.  Yes, I really am trying to saturate two networks... makes for great Aurora testing.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 1:51pm

Got it....

I know we're over 20,000 on a few this year.
Well, cool. It's known and already being fixed.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:46pm
Just a note... on "heavier" sequences (e.g. 20,000+ events), 1.0.41 had a bug where heartbeat would not be established promptly which would result in some controllers missing events in the first 1/4 second of a sequence. 

This was corrected (mostly)  in 1.0.69. 

It is still impossible to put an event in the first cell, but the time delay is on the order of a few milliseconds now instead of near 1/4 second.  An upcoming version will remove the glitch entirely, including allowing placement in the first cell.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 8:44am
oh, HAY!
That's not a bad idea.
D-Light users Unite!
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 11:05pm
Spectrum used to do that a lot.  I simply stopped using the first cell, and as a matter of habit I still do that with Aurora. Try making a new event marker and skip the first one. 
~Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>