Borealis starting on its own at wrong time of day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borealis starting on its own at wrong time of day
    Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 4:21pm
Ok this is a weird one. For the past couple of nights, the scheduler had been running right. Got up one morning and there was an error created by Borealis. I can't recall the exact error since we can't really see the screen when it goes black (how do we change this?Angry).

Last night, it had started at the right time and ended when it was supposed too. It is set to run from 5:30 pm til 11:00pm. At around 12:30 in the morning, my wife wakes me up to tell me that the display was still on. It had turned off right because I had checked to make sure before we went to bed after the local news. She said the flickering (of 12000+ lightsWink) had woken her up.

What would cause Borealis to initiate a start when it behaved perfectly for the last week to now come on when it wants too?

gtxl1200 View Drop Down

Quote gtxl1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 8:20pm
That exact same thing happened to me this week also. I could have wrote that. My wife also woke me up and said the lights came back on. I had an error inBorealis also dont remember what it was. I just had to reboot and everything has been fine. I just figured for some reason Borealis and Zara radio wasnt playing nice together. I see now you had the same issue unless you have Zara radio also and just didnt mention it.
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 8:54pm
What is really weird is that I have nothing on that computer except Win XP (watered down version) and Aurora installed. I don't even have an anti-virus running. It's just barebones! he date and time was all set properly so I have no idea why it does it. I'm hoping it won't do it tonight.

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2009 at 9:17pm
The scheduler goes to a black screen once started because of the video capabilities of Aurora.  This is very useful if you are running off of a laptop with a projector attached to it.  If you are not using video, the screen remains black.  If you are, it begins to play your video sequence.

To get rid of the black screen, double click.  The video window then resizes down.  Even when I am not running video I like it because the screen stays black and I don't have to worry about the screen staying on all night long.

As for the scheduler staying on past the off time, that happened to me twice last year.  Because it seemed to be an isolated event, I didn't worry about it.  Try a reboot.  A lot of things seem to get fixed with a reboot, and that's what I did when it happened to me.  If the problem persists, report back.   
~Jonathan
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 3:02pm
im just curious which version you guys are using for your shows. same thing happened to us sat morning about 1:30. wife got up to let the dog out, noticed the show was running Loud & Proud. im using ver 1.41. anyone using 1.69 having this problem?
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
gtxl1200 View Drop Down

Quote gtxl1200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 3:03pm
Im using 1.69. so far it has only happened once..
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:46am

I'm watching this thread.  It seems there is an issue, but it isn't obvious at this time how/why it is.  It is very isolated and random (out of thousands of successful show start/stops, so few instances of this have been reported that I can count them on my hands).  All I can do right now is watch to see if a pattern emerges.

crichter View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote crichter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:28pm
I had this same issue happen to me last night.  My show runs from 5:15pm until 10:30pm and it ran fine for the last 3 days.  Last night the show ran and at about 12:30am it came back on.  The only difference for me is that there was no error message from the scheduler.  I am using the same box I used last year, in fact it is exactly the same with the exception that I upgraded to 1.0.69 following the usual uninstall, reboot, install, reboot process.  I forget what version I ran last year, however I did not have this happen once.
Curt
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 5:33pm
I'll just chime in that although my shows have ended correctly so far this season, one night there was a lone strobe light twinkling away, and this morning all the white lights for the house and the red lights for one tree were still on.  I'm about to add in my run once show closer spiel, and hopefully that will take care of it. 
~Jonathan
JohnnyL View Drop Down
Pre-Order User
Pre-Order User

Quote JohnnyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:06pm
im running 1.41 on a clean (virgin) install on my server. i never have gotten any errors on that machine. the only other glitch is it wont run an end sequence (in the second "run once" box. for some reason i dont think Borealis likes porky pig Tongue
"In God We Trust" all others pay cash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>