Borealis starting on its own at wrong time of day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:57pm
Jonathan,

That sounds like a good workaround until we figure this out.  Has this happened to anyone at a time other than midnight?
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

FYI- I have reports of this happening with 1.0.41 as well.

Hold on for just a bit longer.  As soon as we get past the COM stability problems (the bigger issue) then we'll be looking into this in more detail.  It is likely this will be fixed within the week.

Others have reported that the false startups are at exactly midnight.  Is this the case for you as well?

I can't tell exactly what time it has started since my wife wakes me up to let me know but it sounds about right.  By the time my wife told me about it, it had gone through the whole set.

As long as we can get that bug fixed before the 23 of December, I'll be happy.

Jonathan,
when you say a short loop, with no lights, does it have a song as well?

Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:48pm
I used Audacity to create 30 seconds of silence (30 seconds was the default, but you can choose any length of time you like), and then I created a sequence that I called, interestingly enough, "30 Seconds Silence".  I went ahead and imported channels from the template, but you don't have to; just create a new channel and save.  The "song" will loop until after the critical midnight time and that *should* keep the scheduler from running the main show. 

It worked for me last night, but the caveat is that I've been testing a lot of different things recently so my configuration is different from yours.

Edited by Jonathan - 07 Dec 2009 at 4:49pm
~Jonathan
BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:36pm
I'll give it a try. I'm fed up of getting the nagging elbow in the ribs followed by "Your light show is still on". Makes for very sleepless nights after being awaken that way! Tongue

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:36am
Well I did Jonathan's trick and it didn't come on. I set it at 11:45pm until 12:30am. I didn't get the elbow in the ribs so it must be a good thing. Wink

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:58am
This is being worked on now.

BigDPS View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote BigDPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:26pm
What exactly is causing it? Is it a gremlin or something?Wink

dylanwalker View Drop Down

Quote dylanwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 12:38am
I'm also having this issue on winxp with the latest version of the scheduler (1.069).  Immediately after the show is scheduled to end, it turns on 4 of my channels (they are either channels 1,3,5,7 or 2,4,6,8; I'm not entirely sure which) and leaves them on until I stop and then restart the scheduler (it might be that if I waited until the following day, the next show would start).  I hope a fix is coming soon.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 10:13pm
We have not had this issue at all. Windows Server 2003 nothing else installed.
The lights that are on, may get the on signal at the end of the seqnce, I know that I have a single mini tree that turn's it's self on at the end on one of our sequences.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
dowdybrown View Drop Down

Quote dowdybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

We have not had this issue at all. Windows Server 2003 nothing else installed.
The lights that are on, may get the on signal at the end of the sequence, I know that I have a single mini tree that turn's it's self on at the end on one of our sequences.

I think this is probably a separate issue. I would expect Aurora to turn all lights off after playing a sequence, but it doesn't seem to. The way to get around it is to add an event very near the end of the sequence and ensure everything is turned off after that event.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>