Borealis starting on its own at wrong time of day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
On my spiel sequences I play in between each song, I noticed some lights would stay on, specifically five pixels on two firefly strands.  It turns out that I had pasted an effect that went past the end of the song, and those pixels were staying on because of that.  Go to the end of the sequence, then press Page Down to scroll out past the end.  You can then use the info tool to ensure all the cells are at 0% or place a 0% intensity in all the cells (place a black color for RGB channels) and then save it.  Once I did that, my channels went off and stayed off.  Even if you didn't paste an effect, something may have caused a phantom event to be placed (say, a shared sequence with an audio file that was originally longer than the one you are using).

And I can confirm that a short post show (with one looping silent sequence and no lights on) does indeed prevent the main show from starting up again.  We are working on a new build right now that will resolve this (release date unknown). 
~Jonathan
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:24pm

Last night the ghost of Borealis paid me a visit, exactly at midnight. I'm running 1.69 on Vista.  Scared me, but at least it didn't interrupt an important evening activity Wink.

Joe
dowdybrown View Drop Down

Quote dowdybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:27pm
I experienced it for the first time last night. I'm running 1.69 on XP. Didn't scare me since I had been keeping up with the bug reports. But annoying nonetheless. The anticipation grows for the next release!

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234