Forum LockedSweeeet!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bubba View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sweeeet!
    Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 12:03pm
I ran my show of imported Spectrum sequences for 7+ hours last night and it ran without a hitch. I must say that I'm most impressed with the features of the sequencer the most. I is extremely easy to navigate around and lay out your sequence. The shortcuts are very nice and easy to remember. There maybe a way to do it but I haven't figured it out yet but I want to change the color of the lines seperating the channels. The black background is awesome it is really easy on the eyes and makes it more comfortable.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 12:45pm

Color customization of grid lines / backgrounds / etc. does not exist in 0.2.  This will eventually make it into the feature set, but there are reasons why it is necessary to wait until closer to 1.0 before it is included.

Based on early opinions I find most people prefer the black background, but there have been a few complaints.  What I am surprised to find is that few have mentioned the functional aspect of the black background... lights fade from on to darkness (black), not from on to white or gray!  It is for that reason that the default background of black was chosen.

Note: If the reason for desiring the channel seperation lines to be a different color is because of the "not sure which channel I'm editing and the mouse pointer feels a bit off" issue, then relief may be even closer than the color customization is.  The beta testers are testing interface improvements that address these issues.
Bubba View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 1:36pm
The reason I like the black background is only because it is much easier on your eyes. White backgrounds on a computer creen may resemble a blank piece of paper but in actuality its like staring at a 25 watt light bulb. The only reason I would like to change the color of the channel seperation line is because when I'm working to the left it gets hard to tell which channel I'm hovering if they are the same color.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 2:41pm
0.2.12 (which the beta testers have in hand) inverts the color of the channel seperation lines for the current cell thus removing any ambiguity as to which cell you are over.
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 4:50pm

I can confirm that I switched to Aurora about 3 weeks back. It's ran the scheduler every night correctly without issues. It always started the shows on time and shutdown after the last song had played.

I was running it on an older P4 single core with only 700MB RAM, never had to re-boot at all in 3 weeks.

Slinkard View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Slinkard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2007 at 7:45pm
I have noticed that on my 64 vista system that after a few days of running there is a minimal lag in between songs. About 3 seconds, I actually like it that way so I haven't said anything!!! but to fix the lag I just stop the schedular then re-start it, problem solved all songs fire one after another.

Lee

Coming soon www.computerizedlights.com
 Post Reply Post Reply