Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Feature Requests
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

data directory placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: data directory placement
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:24pm
My problem is that two computer that I use to seuence are 64bit and so Aurora gets installed into "Program Files (x86)", the show server doesn't have that nor does the tablet since they are both 32bit.
I created a "C:\Aurora_shared\" directory to contains the image, the audo and seuences directories. Not sure if anyone else has had the problem of going between a 64bit and 32 bit OS yet, but I thought I'd speak up.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
dowdybrown View Drop Down

Quote dowdybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:32pm
I second the motion that the "Program Files" folder is not the proper place for data. I keep sequences in "c:\christmas display\2009\sequences"

Matt
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 6:51pm
MS would have us store it in the My documents hierarchy and the config files in the application data hierarchy.  Due to our planned path (thumb drive installable) we need to keep everything in one place and will probably just migrate to a directory off of the root in the future.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 7:41pm
hum. Thank you for the update.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:10pm
In the meantime I can introduce something like environment variables in a new DLS column (leaving the old one in place for backward compatibility).  I'm thinking that the local configured default path can be stored in the DLS and replaced with the real local path when opened on another PC.

FYI- I deal with the x64 versus 32 issue here a lot in testing.  It really shouldn't be necessary to open/reassociate/save every file whenever you move from one machine to another like it is today.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:46am
When I use the "c:\aurora_shared" directory, after I browse the first time, it is my default.
I wouldn't bother changing anything and just continue down your current path.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply