Network fre.........ezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Network fre.........ezing
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:09pm
This is a new issue I started seeing this year. I wasn't sure where to post this. I started over at d-light. This post is basically a repost from over there. Darryl thinks I should try over here.

The show is running great, then all of a sudden, the lights freeze....... The music continues. After anywhere from 2-5 seconds the lights will actually continue where they left off, but drastically increase speed (like fast forward) thru the sequence to catch up with the music. Strange :?: :o

At first, I assumed a PC/Aurora issue and would reboot the computer. It would seem to make things better (can't be for sure, because I don't sit and watch the lights all night!), but it comes back eventually. Then I started noticing it freezing more on one particular song that has lots of events toward the end of the song, particularly a part that has about ten channels using the "waveform to event" tool for about 30 seconds. So I am thinking maybe network saturation. I don't have a second USB adaptor to try separating the controllers. I wouldn't think 10 ACx16's could saturate a network.

Anyone ever see this?

Carey
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:45am
This came up in another thread....

The sequence I am seeing it on was created in v69 and the computer the show runs on is running v41. Could this create an issue? Obviously I had to open the sequence on the show computer to associate the audio files and resave. It did that without error.

Thoughts?
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:30am
The issue, and its possible causes, is being looked into.  Do you happen to know what version of .net framework you are using on your show computer?  FTDI driver?

Also, you do not HAVE to resave a sequence with the show computer in order for it to work.  If the sequence and audio are stored in the generic \Sequences and \Audio directories, you can just place the files there and create the show.  Borealis will automatically extract the files it needs.
~Jonathan
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:47am
aye, I don't use the default directories Wink I've got this thing about following the crowd! LOL Nah. I use several computers to edit with... 3 at home, 2 at work, etc. just wherever I am and whichever is not being used by my wife and kids! I keep everything in a separate folder and keep them synced with a flash drive.

I just remoted in the house and looked at the requested info. The FTDI driver is the latest 2.6.0.0. I just updated it before the season started. I have the following .net frameworks installed per "add/remove programs":
  • 2.0 SP2
  • 3.0 SP2
  • 3.5 SP1

Other system info:

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.2ghz
  • 2 GB ram
  • 1 TB sata HD
  • Windows XP Pro x64

The system runs great. It never gets really sluggish. I couldn't imagine the scheduler maxing it out. The show ran great last year on an old Dell inspiron 1000 laptop. I may pull it out and try it tonight and see how that goes.

DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Comporder1

I use several computers to edit with... 3 at home, 2 at work, etc. just wherever I am and whichever is not being used by my wife and kids! I keep everything in a separate folder and keep them synced with a flash drive.

This brings up another issue (more like feature request).... I keep the folder structures in-tacked accross all of the machines, yet Aurora does not recognize it. When I open the file after syncing the folder with my flash drive, Aurora wants to re-associate the music and picture files. Funny thing is that when the browse window opens the file is RIGHT THERE! Can't Aurora just attempt to find it!!Confused Smile
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:12am
I do the same thing, but you just don't need to open the sequence at all.
I use a c:\aurora_shared directory that stores all audio, sequences, and background images.
I never even open the sequence on the show server. See my request here.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:08pm
But...... My show machine is x64 and Aurora installs in "program files (x86)" directory which breaks the paths.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:11pm
I guess I could sync my folder to the root directory.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:08pm
That's what I do. Everyone is happy that way.
It only takes a min to update the sequences too.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:37pm
Try this for lagging networks (requires 1.0.69 to be installed to function properly) :

http://www.aurorashow.com/downloads/aurora_1_0_76_exe_files.zip

Place the files into your Aurora directory and uset the _76 executable to launch Aurora instead of the default files.  Do not attempt this with any version other than 69 installed.

This is still in beta testing, but given the circumstances (a BIG show stopping issue), I'm also pushing the beta files directly to the public as they develop.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>