Network fre.........ezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:41pm
Got it. I'll update to .69 this afternoon and give the .76 exe a try tonight. Thanks for the assistance. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Carey
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:16pm
One small thing I notice right off is that file->exit crashes Aurora Wink The red X (top right) will close it gracefully.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:27pm
If you select exit, it acts like it wants to close, but just sits there. If you select exit or X again, you get Run-time error '340': Control array element '12'doesn't exist.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:53pm
Ok.... findings as of 6:20pm.

The scheduler you posted reports as v70 not 76 like the sequencer. I assume that doesn't mean anything.

While I was updating and working with the network I updated firmware on everything. This may be the problem I am seeing with missed and sticky channels. see- http://www.aurorashow.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=930&PID=7563#7563

I posted a clip on youtube with a paticularly bad and visible section on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WZ2WFbimN4

Here is a screen shot of Aurora: www.williamsonworkshop.com/AuroraScreen.jpg

Here is the dls file: www.williamsonworkshop.com/wizards09.dls Is uses the standard albumn version of Wizards.

I have 8 arches numbered from left to right, 1 thru 8. In the video, you can see 1-8 "leap" on in that order (left to right) and stay on. Then they are supposed to "leap" OFF in this order: 1,8,2,7,3,6,4,5. You can see arch #7 blacks out completly then #5 blacks out.... out of sequence, and not leaping, just black out.

Carey
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:56pm
Oh!!!! the good news!!LOL

NO LAGGING! YEAH!!

EDIT: SEE BELOW CryCry

Edited by Comporder1 - 04 Dec 2009 at 9:20pm
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:55pm
I didn't see any lagging - but there were missed events.  Things are wet here, so that may be partially to blame.
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:13pm
Ok........ I'll learn to keep my mouth (fingers) shut LOL

It has begun to lag now but only in one spot of the show (only three songs right now) that I have seen. It is at the end of the wizards sequence that I posted above. I watched that particular several times at the beginning of the night and it worked great.

Next... We decided to go grab some food and just as we were getting in the car, the lights went dead. Ran inside and found the dreaded "???(can't remember) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Restart the scheduler and left for the resturant in the blizzard. (I had to throw that in there. I live in south Mississippi and the snow tonight is very rare!) When we got back, there was a nice layer of snow on the ground so I decided to try to get some video. I grabbed my little pocket cam and went out front. I was able to get one whole song and the battery died! Ha, just my luck. I decided to wait for Wizards to see how it was looking and sure enough, LAG at the end.

Even with the issues.... The snow makes it look BEAUTIFUL!! Clap   We may have 1 inch on the ground now.

EDIT: I wonder if the crash is when the lagging started Ermm

Carey

Edited by Comporder1 - 04 Dec 2009 at 9:24pm
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by deweycooter

I didn't see any lagging - but there were missed events.  Things are wet here, so that may be partially to blame.
I would tend to agree dampness could cause complications, but what you see in that video happens EVERY time, just as you see it. The two controllers on the left start the turn off portions at channel 16 and continue down to 1. As soon as 16 turns off, 1-8 on that controller turn off. It happens on both controllers, both times on that side. I am beginning to think this is a firmware issue.

Carey
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by deweycooter

I didn't see any lagging - but there were missed events.

Here is a lag video for you. Also a nice view of the snow fall in south Mississippi! This video is taken from the front porch.

This is the last few seconds of Wizards posted above.

Edited by Comporder1 - 04 Dec 2009 at 9:59pm
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:06pm
Weird!
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>