Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pretty nervous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pretty nervous
    Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:49pm

Well my set-up is nearly complete.  Testing went reasonably well w/ hardware utility and one actual sequence played.  So either tonight or Saturday night for sure, my first show will be on.  I haven't told anybody what I'm doing, but my wife told more than made up for that.  So there are some pretty big expectations awaiting light-up. 

I want to thank everyone on this board for your patience and assistance w/ all my questions.  I'd like to list each poster but I don't want to forget anyone.  You know who you are -- thank you

I'm excited as a little kid at Christmas, can't get any work done here at work (shhhh & hopefully IT doesn't see this post).  I keep wondering, thinking what did I miss, what have I forgotten, could I have messed it up?  What is going to go wrong?  What if it just doesn't work?  Silly I know. 

I know realize the amount of work that goes into putting together a show and you all have my respect and admiration. 

I'm very glad I choose Aurora!

Wish me luck and again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Joe

vlongo View Drop Down

Quote vlongo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:50pm
Joe, I just read your post. I felt the same way this year. My show went up on Thanksgiving night for the first time. Our family and friends get together for the annual lighting of the house after dinner. They had not had a clue. We kept it a secret all year. The testing went well I had not seen the show at all in real time. It went off on time and wthout a hitch. I saw a few programing problems but no one else new. Everyone was in aye and did not know what to say. Big cheers and lots of how did you do that! Was the big whoraasssss! Good Luck!
I am sure it will be great!
Vin 
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:13am
Y'all should imagine being an Aurora developer... my show "started" (missing several elements due to running out of time) a week late and is running the very latest code right out of the development environment every night.

I'm never sure if I should leave the house or not.
Buckeyelights View Drop Down

Quote Buckeyelights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:25pm
[QUOTE=LightsOnLogan] "..... and is running the very latest code right out of the development environment every night.

You're teasing us now in a good way.  So if we stop by we'll get to see all the new too features???

Just kidding.

Tks!
Joe

P.S. The show is running well.
ClapClapClap
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:46pm
Good to hear the show is running well, now the only thing a Buckeye needs to worry about is Pasadena in 3 1/2 weeks..
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
Buckeye,

Well... you would see a DMX fixture working with Aurora. 

More than likely though you'd find me out in the yard still hanging lights.
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by LightsOnLogan

More than likely though you'd find me out in the yard still hanging lights.

Our new 7 week old son has led  me to the same results.....me still hanging lights.  Should be running by the weekend.  Week later than normal....oh well life goes on I guess.

Could be worse, we could of had twins....Shocked

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 07 Dec 2009 at 1:13pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:24pm
Chris - In just a few years from now you'll be a week ahead of schedule when he can help hang the lightsSmile

I must be very lucky this year. Had the lights out and show kicked off on schedule Thanksgiving night. Boreallas has been working perfectly for me (I manually start it each night before the show starts and shut it down after the show ends). Other than juggling firmware on the controllers till I got the look I expected the only problems I've experienced so far can all be attributed to operator error (me doing something stupid).

Because of the time it takes to cache the sequences I haven't been tweaking the sequences this year. The .avi files I'm using (doing video in all sequences this year) are huge and the cache files are mostly over 1GB in size.
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 6:20pm
Nervous?!

Guys, nervous was four Christmas seasons ago when Spectrum Scheduler wouldn't work. You young whipper-snappers don't know how easy you've got it now!LOL

Then this M-Class guy pops up and offers free of charge this scheduler that worked; and worked faster than Spectrum's!

Yup. Lights On Logan Player.

Thanks again, Michael!Clap

ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by LightChristmas

Nervous?!

Guys, nervous was four Christmas seasons ago when Spectrum Scheduler wouldn't work. You young whipper-snappers don't know how easy you've got it now!LOL

Then this M-Class guy pops up and offers free of charge this scheduler that worked; and worked faster than Spectrum's!

Yup. Lights On Logan Player.

Thanks again, Michael!Clap

NO doubt LC.....talk about stress and high blood pressure!!!!
I can  SERIOUSLY say Michael may have saved my marriage with that player. Clap

I think my wife was about two computer crash melt downs from saying....the lights go or I go......It would have been a lonely Christmas, but at least I would have had my lights. LOL  Kidding of course. 

Edited by ChrisL1976 - 07 Dec 2009 at 9:04pm
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>