Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

6: Overflow Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tonydayl View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tonydayl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6: Overflow Error
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 2:51am
Hi all,
I have a sequence that worked perfectly.  I then moved the audio file on my harddrive and the sequence stopped working.  I have since moved the audio file back (yes an mp3), but I got the following error when I try and open the sequence:

6: Overflow
Main Processing Loop
AuroraAudio3

When I cancel or OK this error, Aurora crashes on me.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?  I have tried converting the orignial mp3 to a wav file and it has made no difference.
Tony
Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:12am
I have this issue on an old laptop that I was trying to get going to do some testing with. I moved all of my sequences and music over from my desktop to the laptop and I have one sequence that will not play or open with sequencer. I will be interested to see responses on this thread.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:06am

It sounds like your audio cache is out of sync with reality.  Try deleting your audiocache.dat file (in the Aurora Sequencer directory) and the contents of Aurora Sequencer\Cache. 

Unfortunately, after you do this it will be necessary to open each file in the sequencer and let it reprocess the audio (recreate the cache).

Comporder1 View Drop Down
DMX
DMX

Quote Comporder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:45am
I have deleted audio cache folder contents and the audiocache.dat files already.... but not at the same time. I will give that a try. One more thing to add to the mix. When I first installed Aurora and moved over my sequences. Rather than opening each individual sequence and associating audio files, I opened scheduler and created a show. When I clicked to add the show, it asked to associate the audio files. It would not play that one sequence in the show. This sequence just happens to be the same one that lagged with the comm issue. Hummmm Ermm
tonydayl View Drop Down

Quote tonydayl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:14pm
I justed tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't work.  Any other ideas?
sonikman View Drop Down

Quote sonikman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:39pm
Having the same problem here tonight.  I installed Aurora on a different computer I just set up specifically for the light show.  The lights work fine with the Utility program.  When I first fired up Aurora, the show ran fine and music played normally.  As soon as I tried to schedule my show using scheduler, screen went blank (yes saw post about double click to escape) locks up computer and have to hard reboot to clear.  Now I can't even get the Aurora to run solo.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times now, rebooting in between.  Now I am getting the 6:Overflow error and the whole thing crashes.  I am going to try to delete everything related to this mess and start over.  Will let you know what happens.... 
sonikman View Drop Down

Quote sonikman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 8:52pm
Ok.  I uninstalled Aurora, deleted the Aurora folder it left behind, searched and deleted all .TMP files, and then rebooted computer.  Went to Aurora's website and downloaded 1.0.41.  Re-installed, put my mp3's for my show into the Aurora audio folder, copied my sequences into the Aurora sequence folder.  Everything works great, scheduler and all,  first time... just like last season. 

I'm thinking I'll wait until after Christmas to experiment with the new software version some more...
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 9:43pm
May I suggest not useing MP3s? It may make it easier when transfering your sequences.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
dylanwalker View Drop Down

Quote dylanwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 3:50pm
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same overflow problem. I just upgrade to 1.0.90 (to hopefully solve the "lights mysteriously turning on in the middle of the night" issue when running the 1.0.69 scheduler). When I open an old sequence, I get the overflow. I've tried replacing the sound file with a .wav rather than an .mp3 as well as completely removing Aurora and re-installing. Nothing seems to work. I'm not sure if its relevant, but my sound file is just silent audio.

Any suggestions, or do I need to revert back to 1.0.69?

thanks,

Dylan
 Post Reply Post Reply