Aurora Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Aurora Sequencer Software > Aurora 1.0 > Installation Issues
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sequence not playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
teknode1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote teknode1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sequence not playing
    Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:49pm
I am unable to play a sequence.  Light is solid on d-light board but no show.  Tried different comms and settings on PC and software but still nothing.  Even deleted and reinstalled software, comm ports and drivers.  Utility turns light on and off and I do disconnect before exiting.  File runs fine on laptop.  Anyone had this problem before.  I am using latest versions of everythingiI can think of._popupControl();
christmas 01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote christmas 01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:03am
have you setup your board addresses correctly, the board are factory default as device 2 should be ok using default setting if your only using one board but if more than one board youll need to go into HWU and discover all unitsand then make the changes to settings through general config
Many hands make christmas lights work
teknode1 View Drop Down

Quote teknode1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 1:33pm
_popupControl(); Yes discovered numerous times.  It did work once this morning after automatic windows update reset PC last night and I ran utility and use the get button under protcol to retrive com settings.  It has occasionally trigger a few channels before but this morning it looked like it was running but after I reset PC nothing again.  Some sort of com problem but everything looks ok.
deweycooter View Drop Down
Development
Development

Quote deweycooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:43pm
Please post version of Aurora and version of USB drivers (under Device Manager, find your COM port and USB Serial Controller - both should be 2.6.0.0).

Are you trying to get lights on in Aurora Sequencer or Scheduler?
teknode1 View Drop Down

Quote teknode1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:11pm

I am trying to use scheduler version 1 build 69 using FTDI version 2.6 serial converter on com port 3 FTDI version 2.6.  I was using scheduler 32 using the older drivers but it also did not work.  I have deleted the entire usb and com ports and rebooted and still nothing.  I will try to delete everything again and look at regedit for clues.  _popupControl();

LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:58pm
Is this from Aurora or Borealis (sequencer or scheduler).  If it is from Aurora, you will need to click on the light bulb icon at the top to enable sending to the lights.
teknode1 View Drop Down

Quote teknode1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:58am
_popupControl(); Scheduler,  I have clicked the icon.  I uninstalled, completed removed the software in program files, regedit the words Aurora and dls, removed phantom USB and coms in device manager and rebooted between all and reloaded software, same thing, utility works to turn lights on but the schedular does not.  I am hoping new version might fix problem but I have done all I know to do.
teknode1 View Drop Down

Quote teknode1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 3:35pm
_popupControl(); Long days,  it is the Sequencer that is not working.
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 12:39pm
Just to verify since no one has asked yet, you did set up your networks in Aurora, right?  If you didn't, clicking the light bulb will do nothing as it has no network to send commands out to.  If you didn't, you can do this in Settings, Serial Networks.  If the network speed 115200 doesn't seem to work for you (for example if you use wiLink), then try 57600.  Don't forget, you can change the settings in either Borealis Scheduler or Aurora Sequencer and it will carry over to the other program.

Also, when updating the drivers, there are two parts that need to be updated.  Most of my issues went away once I realized this.  Here are the instructions from LightsOnLogan on how to do that:

"XP instructions:

1. Get the drivers from here:
2. Click on Start
3. Right click on "My computer", choose "Properties"
4. Click the "Hardware" tab
5. Click "Device Manager"
6. Expand the section "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking its "+"
7. Find the device "USB Serial Converter". 
8. Right click it and select "Update Driver"
9. Choose "No, Not This Time" and click "Next"
10. Choose "Install From A Specific Location" and click "Next"
11. Have "Include This Location In The Search" Selected and click "Browse"
12. Browse to and select the location where you downloaded the driver from FTDI
13. Click Next and proceed to install the driver
14. Repeat the above but this time expand"Ports (COM & LPT)" and update the driver for the corresponding "USB Serial Port (COM xx)"

A real pain, but it does fix the COM issues."

~Jonathan
teknode1 View Drop Down

Quote teknode1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:22pm
_popupControl(); I have tried that and more but only the utility will cycle lights.  Sequencer does not work on home pc but works on two other laptops just fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>