Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What... The... Frig??? Shimmer Ramps.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pony_God View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What... The... Frig??? Shimmer Ramps.
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 7:53pm
Okay, I set some ramping shimers, then save, then close, then open the same file ans they are no onger shimers, they are now normal ramps!!!??? WEIRD!
I've done this at least a dozen times.
Anyone else every see this?
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:20pm
Yup...

In this instance a 100%-0% shimmer ramp adjoining a 100% shimmer causes the 100% shimmer to change to solid 100%.Ouch Haven't dumped it to lights to see if its just a graphic error, though.

Seeing the same thing happen in 1.0.4x and 1.0.6x.

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:38pm
weird!
The channels were acting funny, I'll check to see if it's graphical or actual next time though.
D-Light users Unite!
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:03pm
Well, my shimmers are a bit short to tell so it's not a problem.
D-Light users Unite!
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:20pm
Need to make sure... the channel is set to a device type that supports ramping shimmer, correct?

Is this with LOR or D-Light hardware?

Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:28pm
Oh, yea, sure.
We're all D-Light hardware around here. That controller has 1.16 F/W on it.
RS485 adapter V3.
Aurora 1.0.69
All new for this season.

It's just that when it's just doing tons of shimmer-ramps for over a minute, it's hard to follow where the UI shows the non-shimmer-ramp, and watch that closely. Since it's hard for me to se, I know that no one will see the difference if there is any.
D-Light users Unite!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:46am
I'm just checking, because there are two device type options in channel properties.  The first (e.g. ACx16) doesn't render shimmer ramps.  The second (e.g. ACx16 v1.13+) does render the ramps.  If you have the wrong version of hardware selected in channel properties, then the behavior you mention is normal.  Here's why:

Under those circumstances, when the sequence is "compiled", all shimmer ramps will be susbstituted with something that the specified hardware will support (D-Light firmware prior to 1.13 did not support shimmer ramps).  Compiling is a step in either saving the file, or previewing it via send to lights.  The uncompiled data is not saved to the file.  When you re-open the file, it is decompiled to editable form, including any substitutions that were done.

If you have the proper device type specified, then it is possible you have a bad install (your version of the AuroraData component could be one that predates shimmer ramp functionality even though your main program supports it)

Edited by LightsOnLogan - 11 Dec 2009 at 8:49am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:14am
Do these shimmer ramps have a duration less than 0.17 seconds?
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
D-Light users Unite!
 Post Reply Post Reply