Another RGB related issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another RGB related issue
    Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 10:59pm
Confused I'm not sure where to go with this one.  I have 1 DCx16 in my setup and It's set as ID #9.  Channels 1, 2 and 3 are setup as RGB for my MR16 color wash floods. Channel 4 is set as plain old white for some MR16s I use on some coro cut-outs.  In the HW utility I can run any test I want there and all four channels work.  When I run scheduler or sequencer the white spots (channel 4) dont ever come on.  When I right click on channel 4 and look at the properties I see Network 1 (I only have the one network) ID 9 and channel 4.  When I look at the properties for the RGB floods I see Network 1 ID 9 and channels 1, 2 and 3, just how I would imagine it SHOULD look...  Any ideas why channels 1, 2 and 3 work but 4 dosen't? And only in the sequencer and scheduler?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:16am
I'm using 4 RGB floods and 4 seperate channels as well on a DCx16.
In my case channels 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 are set up as D-Light RGB (over ACx16 or DCx16)
and channels 13, 14, 15, 16 are setup as DCx16.

Been working fine here
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:39am
As a test I made another RGB (set of) channel(s) with 4, 5 and 6, 4 being my problem channel.  When I put a command on that RGB set the white lights come on. Tried going back to JUST a single channel on DCx16 and it still doesn't work.
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:24pm
Another test.  Started fresh with no controllers added.  Added the channel 4 (white lights) and added a "on command" and ran the sequence. It worked.  Added the 1, 2 and 3 RGB channels and they didnt work but the white did.

Started over and added the RGB channels first. worked. Added the white lights and they didn't work.

All still work fine in HW Utility.  Ouch
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:16pm
We'll look into this, but be patient if the response time is a little slow.  Trust me, things are going at a rapid pace behind the scenes right now.  
~Jonathan
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:21pm
No biggie, I'm just gonna plug my 110v floods in to light the cutouts...
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:43pm
What firmware is your DCx16 using?
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:06pm
Looks like I may be behind on my DC board.  I'm at 1.11  Embarrassed
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:52pm
v2.0 added a lot of fixes, including "enhanced effects".  I've had effects prgrammed since last year that are finally getting used.  (Random Shimmer ramp out looks great, BTW with a strobe light).  Try v2.0 and see if that helps, but also make sure you are using the newest Firmware Updater (v2.2.2 as of this writing).  While you're at it, download the newest HW Utility, v2.4.2 if you haven't already. 
~Jonathan
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 12:08am
I got all the latest (except firmware for my DC board) at the beginning of this season, Early November but I'll check and make sure while I'm downloading the new firmware.  Thanks for the help!
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>