Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 7:59am
There's only 37 not 150 LOL.  But thanks - Guess I need to rethink how I'm looping and split into multiple schedules. Run 1 loop for the first 4 hours then a shorter loop for the last 30 minutes.

Might be nice if the time check was done at the end of each sequence rather than the end of the loop. In that way one could exit the loop close to when the clock=end of schedule. Wouldn't necessarily be on the same sequence every time but would be close to the intended end of schedule without interrupting the currently playing sequence.
TheQueb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TheQueb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Jonathan

The scheduler will go through the rest of the loop first, not just stop after the song it's currently on.  So if your show ends at 10:00pm, and the first song of your 2 hour loop happens to be playing at 9:59pm, then at 11:59pm when the entire loop ends the scheduler will play your final end sequence.  On the other hand, if your 10:00pm end time approaches, and your last loop song (say 2 minutes) at 9:59 starts, then at 10:01 when that last song in the loop is done playing, your end of show sequence will play and then it's light off. 

Not that I do but if I had 150 songs in my playlist, if I understand you correctly, scheduler would finish playing ALL 150 of them before playing the end of night sequence and shutting down the show?  My show wouldn't shut off until morning?!?!?
80 D-Light-ful Channels
Southeast Texas Lights
D-Light Users
Jonathan View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 11:26pm
The scheduler will go through the rest of the loop first, not just stop after the song it's currently on.  So if your show ends at 10:00pm, and the first song of your 2 hour loop happens to be playing at 9:59pm, then at 11:59pm when the entire loop ends the scheduler will play your final end sequence.  On the other hand, if your 10:00pm end time approaches, and your last loop song (say 2 minutes) at 9:59 starts, then at 10:01 when that last song in the loop is done playing, your end of show sequence will play and then it's light off. 
~Jonathan
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 9:24pm
I'm having the same problem that the schedule just keeps right on looping.  10PM is the end of my schedule.  I thought it was supposed to complete  the currently playing sequence then drop out and run the 'Run Once' at end.  10PM came and went. Sequences in loop list keep right on playing and Borealis never exited the loop to play the closing sequence. Had to manully stop the schedule.

My loop is about 2 hours in length but if Borealis is supposed to complete the currently playing sequence and exit the loop at the scheduled time  the length of the loop shouldn't really matter.
baelinc View Drop Down

Quote baelinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 8:35pm
Thanks Logan... I just created an end sequence and have it in place to see if that fixes the problem... Will let you know later.
LightsOnLogan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote LightsOnLogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 7:11pm
Are you by chance using that "undocumented feature" which keeps the lights on between songs?
If so, this is why your lights are staying on... that undocumented feature will also hold them after the scheduler ends as well.  To get around this you will need to create a "end of night" sequence to send the off commands.
peteandvanessa View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote peteandvanessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 6:13pm
Something strange is going on then, since if I enter say 5 sequences (in the loop area of the scheduler) and set it for 10-11pm, then it will get to 11pm (run the last sequence) and then stop. It's never kept looping
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 5:40pm
Yea, know... I had the same thing, I wanted the show to run one time, so I had it run from 7:00PM to 7:15PM and it just kept looping. I haven't tried it out for real yet. Not what I'm worring about at this point.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
baelinc View Drop Down

Quote baelinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 4:31pm
Correct... I just double checked to make sure and it does say 11:00 PM
ChrisL1976 View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote ChrisL1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 4:22pm
Just to make sure.....you do have it set for 11 PM.....not AM
Chris

www.lightsonsixth.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>