Trans-Siberian Orchestra Contest!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdkeen View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bdkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Pony_God

I don't think that Evenescence, Lacuna Coil, Disturbed, or Slipknot would work very well in a christmas show.

Also just listened to some YouTube Evenescence - Some might be fantastic for Halloween animations!
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2008 at 7:33pm
I had the music from 'Calling all Fiends' compilation playing for Halloween. I will be using more of that next year.  We are adding a 14'+ devil next year that we picked up today on clearance.  Shame TSO doesn't do Halloween music contests...  WHile I felt sorry for the little kids there was a certain amount of pride knowing my yard scared them enought that they didnt want to enter my driveway.
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 9:05am
Originally posted by tonyjmartin

I don't think that Evenescence, Lacuna Coil, Disturbed, or Slipknot would work very well in a christmas show.

Hey, I just listened to "My Immortal", and it's got some TSO-flavored moments.  But then again, anything seems Christmassy with the WMP "Yule Log" visualization. Thumbs%20Up
Not for Vista, hu?
She does some really good music. There are a number of Piano solo's that she plays. You should see some of the live stuff that she does. Dressing in heavy Goth style clothes running around, and loud, clear vocals. I don't know how she does it, I get tired after going up and down the ladder too many times. LOL
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
tonyjmartin View Drop Down

Quote tonyjmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 9:31am

You should see some of the live stuff that she does.

I have the Anywhere But Home DVD.  First caught of glimpse of Amy Lee while watching the Rock in Rio Lisboa 2004 concert on Mexican TV when we were vacationing in Cancun a few years back.  Been hooked on Evanescence ever since.

But then I have a thing for little brunettes. Thumbs%20Up

Before YouTube pulls them, here's her Tonight Show appearance from 10/13.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtknKF-6jDU
(Click on high quality mode!)

Edited by tonyjmartin - 03 Nov 2008 at 9:51am
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pony_God View Drop Down

Quote Pony_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2008 at 9:54am
Rock in Rio! That's the one I was talking about. I've got an hour of it in avi format. I keep thinking that I'd have to take a break every few bars.
Fine. You're so smart you rig up the lights.
D-Light users Unite!
jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 6:34pm
I just left my local TSO show. Was a pretty good show. They played a new song from "an upcoming album" that will be an excellent Halloween song.  Anyone else heard it or know the name of it? The entire group chants in it.  If it was singing Christmas stuff I couldnt make it out as i was transfixed on the sound of the song itself.

Edited by jberner - 09 Nov 2008 at 3:00pm
LightChristmas View Drop Down
Beta Testers
Beta Testers

Quote LightChristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 6:46pm
The "upcoming" album - upcoming for over a year now, and due to be released mid-09 is called "The Night Castle". Rumored to be Christmas-sy,  but.....

jberner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jberner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 3:01pm
the music was more gothic/gregorian chant-ish and closer to what I knew of them 20 years ago as Savatage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123